In a message dated 14/04/2009 09:57:28 GMT Standard Time, email@example.com writes:
FEELBAD BRITAIN DISCUSSIONS
London: Wednesday 6 May, 6.45-9pm Staff Café (Tower Building) London Metropolitan University, 166-220 Holloway Road, N7
Speakers: Pat Devine, Angela McRobbie, Kate Soper, Martin Jacques (discussant)
Manchester: Wednesday 29 April 6-7.30pm Blackwell’s Bookshop, The Precinct Centre, Oxford Road, M13
Speakers: Pat Devine, Jules Townshend (discussant)
FEELBAD BRITAIN: HOW TO MAKE IT BETTER is edited by Pat Devine, Andrew Pearmain and David Purdy and published by L&W
The central thesis of Feelbad Britain is that after the decades of neoliberalism the institutions and social relations on which solidarity, trust and citizenship depend have been undermined. This has left contemporary British society in a troubled and dysfunctional state, without the cohesion or confidence needed if we are to escape from recession, combat climate change and restore faith in government.
The authors put forward a theoretical framework for understanding contemporary politics; and they consider what is to be done to revitalise the British left, challenge neoliberal hegemony, and develop a political project aimed at creating a greener, fairer, happier, more democratic and less divided Britain.
Contributors: the editors, plus Patrick Ainley, Martin Allen, David Beetham, Noel Castree, Angela McRobbie, Linda Patterson, Michael Prior, Kate Soper
More information on book http://www.lwbooks.co.uk/books/archive/feelbad_britain.html
More information on meetings: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals