Meeting hosted by Portsmouth City Unison.
SEAN HOYLE (Portsmouth RMT)
JONATHAN NEALE (Campaign against Climate Change, International Secretary)
Vestas, at Newport on the Isle of Wight, is the only wind turbine producing factory in the UK, and it is threatened with closure on July 31. This is a disaster. It will destroy 600 jobs, devastating the already hard hit economy of the Island, and will seriously damage the struggle to stop climate change. All for the sake of a multinational corporation’s profits.
Come to this meeting to hear the Vestas workers’ case and how we can all help stop this happening.
Monday 20 July 8pm
Central Library, Room F
Treasurer, Campaign Against Climate Change Trade Union group
079 585 35231
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018