Please join supporters of Unite Against Fascism to help "kettle" the BNP's festival of hate on Saturday August 15th.
The British National Party are hoping to hold their Red, White and Blue Festival at Codnor, a small village in Derbyshire, on Saturday August 15th. The BNP pretends that this event is a harmless family-oriented "patriotic" festival. In reality it is aimed at promoting their fascist agenda to both its hardcore followers and its softer supporters. Previous years have seen SS marching songs played as "entertainment" at the rally.
The rally will also be a magnet for neo-Nazis across Europe. Last year the BNP invited guests including Czech neo-Nazi Petra Edelmannova who has called for a "final solution to the Gypsy issue" and Sweden's Marc Abramsson, a Swedish fascist who campaigns for "racially pure kindergartens" that exclude non-white children.
This year's guests are likely to include representatives of Jobbik, a violently racist Hungarian Nazi party that organises pogroms against Roma people.(Info from UAF). Nick Griffin's mask of respectability slipped recently on BBC TV. He called on the European Union to "get very tough with those coming over". Then, spelling out what these "tough" measures meant, Nick Griffin said: "Frankly, they need to sink several of those boats." When BBC journalist Shirin Wheeler protested that this would mean murdering people at sea, Griffin replied: "I say boats should be sunk, they can throw them a life raft and they can go back to Libya". He added that Europe had to "close its borders or it's simply going to be swamped by the Third World".
Unite Against Fascism is calling for a mass mobilisation to encircle the festival site at Codnor. The protest will start at 9.00 am with coaches from across the country arriving at 11.00 am.
We would like to bring together a group of local people to help build this protest. If you are able to come and to try to convince friends, family, colleagues etc to come too, PLEASE JOIN US AT A PLANNING MEETING on Monday July 20th 7.30 pm at the Brent Trades Hall, 375 High Rd Willesden NW10 2JR - there's a map with directions attached. We are inviting a speaker from Unite Against Fascism.
Even if you're not able to go to Codnor on 15th of August, but would like to persuade others to go, you would be welcome to come along and if you're not able to come on Monday but still want to take part in building for August 15th and for local Love Music Hate Racism events in the near future, please get in touch.
We need support from individuals, but also from organisations - trade union branches, political and community organisations, youth groups etc. We need energy and enthusiasm, but we will also need money
Brent UAF supporters are in touch with supporters from Ealing, discussing the possibility of hiring a joint coach (probably a luxury double decker 69 or 72 seater) to go to Codnor.
Please let me know whether you:
1. will be able to come to the planning meeting on Monday July 20th
2. will be able to come to Codnor on Saturday August 15th and would like full details of the coach as soon as it is booked
3. will be trying to encourage other people to come
4. are able to make a donation either from your organisation or individually towards the cost of the coach or to enable someone to go who cannot afford the full ticket price - we want to be able to subsidise students and unemployed supporters.
Yours in solidarity,
For details of coaches from West London or other info contact Sarah Cox of Brent STW
firstname.lastname@example.org or UAF http://www.uaf.org.uk/
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018