andy hewett writes
I've signed a letter to the Chief Executive, Paul Walsh. Diageo are the owners of Johnnie Walker whisky and are planning to shut plants in Glasgow and Kilmarnock and outsource jobs at Shieldhall, Hurlford and Elgin with the loss of hundreds of jobs across Scotland. This company made a profit of over £2 billion last year but is still looking to slash jobs and destroy a tradition in the communities who make Johnnie Walker - incredibly it has been made in Kilmarnock since it was first created in 1820!
Please sign the letter too and add your name to the thousands of voices telling the Diageo that the people and communities will be decimated by their plans are the very same people and communities that have built the company over the past 185 years.
You can read the letter to Diageo's Chief Executive here:
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...