Subject: VERY URGENT- Support all out strike at Tower Hamlets college
UCU has been involved in a massive campaign against 40 full time staff redundancies. There have been many amazing things in this dispute
We now face 13 lecturers facing compulsory redundancy. We are now on all out strike since Thursday of last week. This is the first all out strike in further education for 12 years. We are not just fighting to stop the job cuts but also to defend courses for students and to stop our new Principal smashing the UCU.
We know that after the General Election there are going to be massive cuts in the public sector. Our strike is very important as if we win it send a message of hope to every UCU member in every college and univeristy in Britian that you can foight bakc. If we lose every Principal and Vice Chancellor will be planning more attacks on our conditions and on provision for students.
Money is ABSOLUTELY KEY AND we need it URGENTLY. We will be on strike on Tuesday and until we stop the compulsory redundancies. Please act urgently and pass this message to people you know.
UCU membership sec
Tower hamlets College
07811 255 261
020 8690 3038
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...