Campaigning against a new Academy in Lambeth: MONDAY 14th DEC, Lambeth Town Hall, Brixton, 6pm , (Brixton Tube) bring banners.
Forwarded from STA colleagues & Martin Francis (Brent GP and NUT)
We are campaigning against the building of a new Academy in Lambeth. It will be on the site of a primary school, squeezing the Primary onto a section of the site and building a 6 form entry Secondary on the rest. The site is right in the middle of a housing estate and will mean the loss of green open space and many trees. Local residents do not want a school on that site, because although Lambeth is short of school places, this is not the area where places are needed; there are three other secondaries close by.
Join our Lobby to show that trade unions will not stand by and see more public spaces handed over to the private sector. The name of the sponsor will be revealed on Friday, but whoever it is, they will not be made welcome by unions in the borough. We want schools that are accountable to us and that will honour school teachers' pay and conditions for members and local authority conditions for support staff. Join us on:
MONDAY 14th DEC, Lambeth Town Hall, Brixton, 6pm , (Brixton Tube) bring banners.
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018