London Socialist Resistance MEETING:Wednesday 20 January, 7.30pm
Indian YMCA, Fitzroy Sq. W1 (Warren St. tube)
Women and the crisis
Speaker: Terry Conway (Socialist Resistance)
Today we face an economic, ecological, social and political crisis of unparalleled proportions. This meeting will examine the crisis from women’s point of view.
Women were already at the bottom of the pile - so feel the effects of new disasters most acutely.
Women’s subordinate place within the labour market and within society, even after the gains made by the women’s liberation movement, reflect the sexual division of labour within the family. The family continues to reproduce notions that women are inherently inferior to men - or have destinies only as care givers - a particularly important notion as all the main parties push for public spending cuts.
Women are often at the forefront on resistance - as climate change activists, as trade union activists, as anti-imperialists - but the left has to make the fight for women's liberation more central to what it says and does.
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...