BRIGHTON BENEFITS CAMPAIGN PUBLIC MEETING
Friday 5 February 7.30pm at the Brighthelm Centre North Road Brighton
A public meeting to launch the Brighton Benefits Campaign, with speakers from a variety of backgrounds, including Caroline Lucas, Benefits & Poverty Campaigners, Trade Unionists & others
STRIKING FOR JOBS - LOCAL WORKERS SPEAK OUT
Public meeting Tuesday 9th February at 7.30, Brighthelm Centre North Road Brighton
Unite at BOC Edwards - fighting local closures
UCU at Sussex University - facing 115 job losses
RMT at Network Rail - considering strike action to save 1500 track maintenance jobs
FBU at Preston Circus Fire Station - local firefighters campaigning to stop management moving the station to a less suitable location
MARCH FOR JOBS!
Jobs & services not bailouts for the rich.
Demonstrate on Saturday 6 March - assembling at The Level in Brighton at 12 noon
A demonstration has been organised by trade union activists and campaigners as a call to action to fight back against the unjustified job losses taking place across the city and the country.
Delegates and organisers put together plans for the demonstration at a meeting held by Brighton Hove and District Trades Council and are urging trade union branches, students, the unemployed, workers and their families to take part in this important march which will take place on Saturday 6 March.
Assembling at The Level at 12 midday, the demonstration will march past significant workplaces and sites in the city effected by the current threat of job losses. It will march to Brighton town hall where a rally will be held to put forward demands to defend all jobs and prevent any public service cuts as part of a fight back campaign against these unjustified attacks on working people.
Pip Tindall B&HGP
Brighton Workers Solidarity Group
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...