UCU London regional demo
Defend jobs, defend further, higher and adult education: 20 March 2010; meet 12pm at Kings College London, then march to Downing Street to hand in a statement to the prime minister, Gordon Brown.
Demo leaflet (.pdf) [216kb] Demo poster (.pdf) [299kb]
Save further education
Further education is entering a new phase of crisis. At least £200 million has been wiped from adult learning budgets for 2010/11 in England and, with a further £300 million of cuts to come over the next three years, more than 1,400 jobs are already under threat. The Association of Colleges says current cuts could place more than 7,000 jobs at risk. The job cuts could affect up to 160,000 adult learners on top of the 1.4 million adult learning places lost since 2005.
At a time when individuals and the broader economy need all the assistance possible to get out of recession, UCU believes that such cuts to further and adult education are a betrayal of our communities and our future. UCU has agreed an immediate and co-ordinated response. All English branches are being asked to write to principals asking them to join our campaign against the funding reductions and calling on them not to cut jobs.
Go to: Save further education
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals