Acknowledgements to Andy Hewett
URGENT UNITE MOBILISATION
Calling all Unite Officers/Regional Committee/Activists
1. Show your support for BA Cabin Crew strike;
A further four days of strike action will commence on Saturday, unless our pressure forces Walsh back to the negotiating table.
Your support and solidarity is needed at Heathrow.
Come along to the Strike HQ at Bedfont FC, (ten minutes from Hatton Cross Station), The Orchard, Hatton Rd Bedfont, Middx, TW14 8QT. Please come by Public transport - parking will not be available at Bedfont FC - Piccadilly Line is running this weekend.
On Saturday, all day, there will be International solidarity themes with overseas visitors.
On Sunday, bring your family, kids and friends for the Cabin Crew Strikers Family day. Aim for 1pm.
All solidarity helps and sustains the strikers. You will feel proud of our union and our members - and you'll enjoy your visit. Please come - make sure this
crucial strike is won.
2. Defeat the BNP in Barking and Dagenham - mobilise on Saturday;
Unite is mobilising this Saturday (27th March) in Barking constituency. A busy weekend, but please make a priority of this - unless you are in West London .
The vile Nick Griffin of the BNP is standing against Margaret Hodge - he must be stopped, and the BNP must be stopped from winning the Council with their lies.
Unite have committed to support Barking's day of action in Goresbrook Ward this Saturday 27th March at 10am. We will be meeting at Dawson Hall, Hedgemans Road, 5 minutes from Becontree Train Station (District line), and mainly knocking on doors. This is important and effective work; you'll enjoy it.
We aim to have 100 people on the streets helping - our hatred and contempt for the evil of the BNP must be turned into action.
Please confirm your attendance with us for Barking - still come if you don't - but it assists if you notify in advance.
A very busy weekend - trade unionism brings with it responsibilities; let's make sure that London & Eastern Unite fulfils its role with distinction.
Unite London& Eastern Region
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals