4.30pm - 6.30, Parliament Square Tuesday June 22nd.
Called by Stop the War and CND
The government is claiming a consensus for the need for massive cutbacks to our public services. Almost no-one in public life is calling for serious cuts in the war budget - a measure that would be hugely popular. Stop the War and CND are organising a protest outside next Tuesday’s budget debate.
The current annual expenditure on Afghanistan is nearly £4 billion, enough to build 200 new secondary schools. Scrapping Trident would save £70 billion, more than the total amount the government wants to
cut from the deficit in the next five years. Meanwhile the approach of the 300th British military death in Afghanistan is testimony to the terrible human cost of the war.
Join us on budget day and protest as the 300th British death approaches and we demand 'Cut the war, Scrap Trident, Troops out of Afghanistan'.
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...