Reminder from the Institute of Employment Rights-
(1) Equal Pay Act at 40 Conference Wednesday 23rd February
(2) Unions at Work: resisting attacks in the workplace Saturday 5th March: Free conference in association with SERTUC
I would be grateful if you could distribute this message to colleagues, activists, networks and members. Find out more and book places here. If you have any queries concerning the seminars, please contact me at the details below.
(1) Equal Pay Act at 40 Conference Wednesday 23rd February 9:30am- 4:30pm
At NUT Hamilton House London WC1H 9BD
with contributions from: Baroness Gould; Sheila Wild, Equalities and Human Rights Commission; Marian Scovell, Prospect; Ben Cooper, Old Square Chambers; Barry Smith, GMB; Amanda Brown, NUT; Anna Bird, Fawcett Society; Alison Humphry, Unison; Caroline Underhill, Thompsons; Sally Brett, TUC
Topics include: Inquiry into Sex Discrimination in the Finance Sector; Length of service as a determinant in pay: Wilson v HSE & Cadman v HSE; When objective justification is required: Gibson v Sheffield Council; Demonstrating disparate impact: Pike v Somerset Council; The road to equal pay: a new approach; TUPE and Equal Pay: Sodexo Ltd v Gutridge; Farewell Equal Pay Act: future prospects for narrowing the gender pay gap
(2) Unions at Work: resisting attacks in the workplace Saturday 5th March: Free conference in association with SERTUC 10:00am- 3:00pm at TUC Congress House London WC1B 3LS
with contributions from Gail Cartmail (Unite) on facility time arrangements; Prof Aileen McColgan (Matrix Chambers) on Equality Impact Assessments and the Equality Agenda; Alan Bogg (PCS) on victimisation; Prof Keith Ewing and John Hendy QC on collective rights. Chaired by Megan Dobney (SERTUC) and Carolyn Jones (IER)
Phelim Mac Cafferty
Projects and Events Officer
Institute of Employment Rights
179 Preston Road
Brighton East Sussex
t: 01273 330819
We are proud of our ongoing work but recognise more needs to be done. Show your continued support by taking a subscription and joining our debate. Go to www.ier.org.uk
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018