COR MEETING TOMORROW NIGHT : 6.30pm, Wednesday 15 June, University of London Union, Malet Street, London, WC1E (nearest station: Euston).
The EU, the IMF, and the European Central Bank have created a Europe of bailouts for the rich and cutbacks for the rest. But resistance is rising. Hundreds of thousands have joined demonstrations, strikes, and mass occupations of public squares.
Thousands have occupied Madrid’s Puerta del Sol in conscious imitation of the Arab Spring revolutions. The example has been followed by the Greek protestors who have copied them in occupying Athens’ Syntagma Square.
There is a pan-European movement of resistance forming. The Coalition of Resistance has called this meeting in solidarity with Spanish, Greek, and other European protestors.
In the second half of the meeting, CoR activists will discuss forthcoming campaigning and action in Britain, including supporting the pensions strike and building the national conference.
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...