Manchester Palestine Solidarity Campaign
Presenting monthly discussion meetings and film:
Thursday 19th January 7pm Friends Meeting House Mount Street Manchester
Speakers: John Nicholson and Norma Turner participated in the Stop the JNF Campaign fact-finding visit to Israel-Palestine to provide an overview of the issues affecting Palestinian land rights, the modes of illegal appropriation of Palestinian land and the role of para-statal organisations, especially the Jewish National Fund (JNF), in supporting and maintaining Israel's apartheid policies.
The JNF claims to be “Israel’s leading humanitarian and environmental charity”, a claim rejected as ‘greenwash’ by environmental charities across the world. There is increasing uneasiness about the organisation’s role in the Israeli government policy of discrimination against non-Jews, particularly in the destruction of Palestinian Bedouin villages in the Negev, the forced removal of the villagers to what campaigners refer to as a process of concentration and their replacement with Jewish-only settlements. Campaigners have called this process ‘ethnic cleansing’ and point to the effective subsidy of the JNF’s activities through its charitable, tax-exempt status here in the UK
Come to the meeting to discuss the role of the JNF and how we can campaign to Stop The JNF
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals