See FBU Motion 78 to TUC next week: Solidarity with Greek workers
acknowlegements to https://www.facebook.com/GreeceSolidarityCampaign
Congress notes the continued austerity programme carried out by the Greek government, backed by international financial institutions and other European governments. These attacks include sacking public sector workers, slashing salaries and pensions, worsening contracts of employment, cutting benefits and decimating public services.
Congress notes that workers, the unemployed, pensioners, the young and poor in Greece are at the sharp end of these attacks. But this austerity agenda is Europe-wide and affects us all.
Congress condemns the Greek government’s actions bringing about the overnight closure of ERT (the Greek national broadcasting corporation) and applauds the Greek journalists and technicians, and the European Broadcasting Union, for their occupation of the building and the continued transmission of news and programmes to the Greek people.
Congress also calls on the Greek Health Ministry to end its appalling, degrading policy of forced HIV tests aimed at immigrant and marginal workers and the LGBT community, in the context of massive public health cuts.
Congress supports the Greece Solidarity Campaign, who organised a joint delegation with the FBU and other trade unionists to Greece in March 2013, as well as other campaigns and solidarity.
Congress supports the Medical Aid for Greece appeal, launched in response to a call for support from Greek anti-austerity campaigners in association with health unions, health workers and community organisations in Greece.
Congress supports the labour movement resistance to these attacks and encourages all affiliates to forge direct links with workers and their representative organisations in Greece.
Fire Brigades’ Union
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018