When the London Fed, ( London Federration of Green Parties). agreed last night to consultation with community and campaign groups regarding revision of our education policy I was asked to circulate the wording of the placard I displayed. The placard had been applauded by striking teachers on the London march
*NO* to privatisation, academies, free schools, phonics test and SATs
*YES* to creative teaching in democratically accountable LA schools
*TOO MUCH, TOO SOON!*/(reference to formal curriculum for young children starting to soon)
*68-TOO LATE!* (/reference to pension reform proposal requiring teachers to work until the age of 68)/ /
If anyone would like to join in drafting amendments to our education policy to take into account the changes brought about by Michael Gove please email me on email@example.com
acknowledgements to Martin Francis
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...