Press Release from Rugby Green Party
Rugby Town Centre Enhancement Scheme
‘Rugby Greens oppose spending £1million of public funds on such a poorly thought out plan for the Town Centre’
· Greens oppose traffic dispersion plan into residential areas in Benn Ward
· Greens believe consideration should be given to predestination of Regent Street and top end of Albert Street instead.
· Greens call for the Building of a Bus Station in the Town Centre
· Greens say invest in GPS tracking on buses and promote an integrated public transport system in Rugby.
· Greens demand that the Tories spend the £1 million on what people actually want in our community!
Steve Wright, Benn Ward Green Party spokesperson says
‘Closing one of the east-west routes for local traffic
will cause chaos in Benn Ward.
We need improvements in public transport to lessen
the need to drive in Rugby.’
Rugby Green Party want to encourage shops into Rugby and not out of town shopping as the Rugby Tory Council is doing – the centre of Rugby has been let down by the local council wanting to promote out of town shopping and development without meeting the needs of the centre of Rugby and also the wider community in the town of Rugby.
Its clear many people have serious concerns about this ill thought out scheme and we share many of them.
A bit of advice for Councillors is that when, Greens oppose a predestination project you know their is a serious flaw with the scheme!
Full Response from Rugby Green Party to Rugby Town Enhancement Scheme consultaion - attached.
For more information contact Rugby Green Party on 07906 600689