Dear Supporter,Here is a message from Indro Sen at the College of North West London. Can you send a message of support from your branch and publicise the victimisation issue and the anti-casualisation campaign?Can you get your branch banner and a delegation to support the picket lines on?COLLEGE OF NORTH WEST LONDON IN BRENT ANNOUNCES TWO DAYS OF STRIKE ACTION- EXTREMELY URGENT MESSAGE FOR IMMEDIATE ACTIONHi All,This is to let you know that members at the College of North West London are taking two days strike action against College’s policy of achieving greater Casualization through compulsory redundancies. Currently as a result of this heinous and educationally damaging policy, one of our most active reps Michael Starrs, a leading figure in smashing the merger plan between our College and City of Westminster (only merger in the country smashed by joint union action) has fallen victim to this policy by being made compulsorily redundant when there is sufficient hours for him to have a full timetable. He is a brilliant teacher, voted the most popular teacher in 2013 by all students in the College. All his plumbing students have also signed a petition supporting his reinstatement. So this strike is also about getting his job back.The following resolution was carried unanimously at the last branch meeting:Michael Starrs and the anti- Casualization dispute:
- Members noted that Michael is now fully supported by union appointed solicitors who have confirmed that he has a reasonable prospect of success on unfair dismissal and trade union victimisation claim.
- Branch also noted that one day strike on the and subsequent negotiations have failed to persuade management to give Michael his job back and withdraw its casualization policy.
- The branch decided unanimously:“Branch agrees to take escalating strike action starting with 2 days in the second half term”Your urgent messages of support for Michael Starrs and branch members for taking strike action in support of him and against College’s casualization policy can only assist our fight as it had in the case of Lambeth. Please drop a line to Indro.Sen@cnwl.ac.uk and I will circulate it to members and Michael and over the weekend.Please also note fighting casualization is a UCU national policy priority and an election issue ( zero hours) . We are in the process of launching a campaign along the lines of the very successful “Save Kilburn Campaign” to coincide with the election as that campaign did. You can find details of that campaign by going to the following link: https://sites.google.com/site/
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
Friday, 20 February 2015
COLLEGE OF NORTH WEST LONDON IN BRENT ANNOUNCES TWO DAYS OF STRIKE ACTION 23 FEBRUARY and 25 FEBRUARY - EXTREMELY URGENT MESSAGE FOR IMMEDIATE ACTION
Posted by DON'T dis US at 03:34