As the housing crisis deepens across the capital with more and more evictions taking place, so does the housing movement campaigning for decent affordable housing for all.
The Sweets Way estate in Barnet has been occupied by activists in protest against the evictions which have taken place there by Annington Homes Ltd, the owners of the houses and land.
Annington Homes have responded with a County Court Possession Order but also an attempt to put an injunction on all the land.
We need your support morning at the courts. Annington have a well-paid team of lawyers who will use every trick in the book to not only evict the Sweets Way social centre, but also to criminalise protest across the whole estate (where families are still living).
Protest: , Barnet County Court, St Marys court, Regents Park Road, N3 1BQ
For more information on the campaign, read & share this article from Janette Evans(one of the organisers of the campaign)
End Austerity Now
Assemble , Bank of England (Queen Victoria St) City of London
Nearest tube: Bank
Organised by The People's Assembly
More info | Invite your friends on Facebook
The People's Assembly Against Austerity
|The People's Assembly Against Austerity · United Kingdom|
This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. To stop receiving emails, click here.
You can also keep up with The People's Assembly Against Austerity on Twitter orFacebook.
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
Thursday, 26 March 2015
Protest: Monday 30th March, 9.30am, Barnet County Court, St Marys court, Regents Park Road, N3 1BQ
Posted by DON'T dis US at 15:51