Get involved and get down to these upcoming events to show your support:
Unite Members Strike - SERCO WORKERS STILL OUT... Get down to a picket at one of the 4 Health trusts affected, as cleaning staff and porters strike over pay (strikes will last till )... more info from More details here.
Bank of England Workers Strike - Threadneedle Street, , .... more details to follow... Staff at the Bank of England have voted overwhelmingly in favour of strike action in a ballot calling on their employer to give them a decent pay deal. In the industrial action ballot 95 per cent voted for strike action which will be the first strike action at the bank in over 50 years. Get down and show your support. More details here.
The Scrap the Cap campaign continues:
, Thursday 10 August
St Barts Hospital, London, EC1A 9
RCN #scrapthecap UK Scrap the Cap Rally
, Wednesday 6 September
Central London... Register here
Also thanks very much to all those who came to night's East London People's Assembly meeting 'After Grenfell' in Bow. It was excellent to have so many there. The meeting also agreed a number of things:
- To send support and solidarity from East London to the victims' families, residents and those affected by the Grenfell disaster
- To participate in and promote the Take Back Manchester Festival and the National Demonstration on
at the Tory Party Conference... Facebook Event Here.
- To support the October 7 Housing Summit called by Defend Council Housing
- To circulate the following demands to be financed by central government:
2) Immediate independent fire inspections in all tower blocks with published results and findings to be acted on
3) All flammable cladding to be removed from social housing immediately
4) Sprinklers to be fitted in flats in all tower blocks
5) A comprehensive review of emergency evacuation procedures in tower blocks, including a review of fire station closures
6) The right for all social housing tenants to return to council control should they wish by means of estate ballots
7) Landlords to listen. Tenants to be consulted about all redevelopments
We have to keep up the pressure... if you want to get involved with the People's Assembly, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you on the streets!
The People's Assembly Against Austerity