: Act to defend democracy and human rights, in Catalonia and everywhereWeb: English | Català | Español | Français |
The Spanish state’s repression against Catalonia’s democratic rights gets worse every day. There are at this moment 10 leading politicians and activists in prison, without having been condemned of any crime. They are accused of violent rebellion, although they have never used violence. By mid April the two leaders of the main Catalanist organisations, Jordi Cuixart and Jordi Sánchez, will have spent 6 months in prison.And apart from the 10 political prisoners and 6 political leaders in exile, from until now there have been: 1,500 people injured while voting or demonstrating; 150 fascist attacks; 140 web sites closed; police attacks on journalists; censorship of rappers, writers and artists…
In protest at this situation, there will be a united demonstration in Barcelona on , organised by a very broad platform of social movements, including the ANC, Òmnium Cutural, trade unions, the neighbours’ organisations, youth movements, cultural and sporting organisations, the federation of NGOs… It will be a massive call for solidarity with the political prisoners, and with all those suffering the current attacks in Catalonia and increasingly in other parts of the Spanish state.
We call on international solidarity movements to organise actions over the weekend of : demonstrations, rallies, public meetings, symbolic events…
If we allow repression to go unchallenged in Catalonia today, then fundamental rights can be repressed in any part of the world.
Please mobilise on . Defend democracy and human rights. In Catalonia and everywhere.
Call in different languages, in PDF: English | Français | català | castellano | Deutsch | Polska
Poster in PDF, in different languages, to download and print
Initiative to promote international solidarity WithCatalonia.org
Iniciativa per promoure la solidaritat internacional amb Catalunya
Iniciativa para promover la solidaridad internacional con Catalunya
Initiative de promotion de la solidarité internationale avec la Catalogne
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WithCatalonia - Information" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to withcatalonia-information+
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/
msgid/withcatalonia- information/CAAOG6UG-a% 2BircHYJppfFsAyYfcyUMff80dxYZz FTjwL9q%3D10cg%40mail.gmail. com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2018/9 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Autumn 2018 & IHRA Special Supplement
Friday, 30 March 2018
14-15 April: Act to defend democracy and human rights, in Catalonia and everywhere
Posted by DON'T dis US at 12:20