STOP THE WAR COALITION
No. 1073 16 January 2009
Tel: 020 7278 6694
3RD NATIONAL DEMONSTRATION FOR GAZA
SATURDAY 24 JANUARY
ISRAEL OUT OF GAZA NOW: LIFT THE BLOCKADE
ASSEMBLE BBC BROADCASTING HOUSE
PORTLAND PLACE, LONDON, W1A 1AA
(Nearest tube Oxford Circus)
MARCH TO TRAFALGAR SQUARE
With over 1100 killed, 350 of them children, and over 5500
injured, the suffering in Gaza is beyond catastrophic. Israel
is ignoring the worldwide clamour for it to stop now and is
escalating its attacks.
A third national demonstration against Israel's barbarity and
war crimes has been called for Saturday 24 January in London
by Stop the War Coalition, Palestine Solidarity Campaign,
British Muslim Association and many other organisations.
The demonstration will assemble at BBC Broadcasting House,
Portland Place, London, as a response to the BBC's largely
one-sided coverage of the Gaza massacre, allowing Israeli
spokespeople endless opportunities to propagate lies and
deception without challenge.
We will march from the BBC to Trafalgar Square. Further
details, including timings and route, will be available
Stop the War calls on all its local groups and supporters to
start building now for what we need to make an even bigger
demonstration than the 100,000 who protested on 10 January.
Israel must be made to stop its carnage and we must show our
solidarity with the people of Gaza suffering unimaginable
Stop the War will publicise further details and updates by
email and on our website, as we get them.
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...