Treason: Rebel Warriors and Internationalist Traitors
Edited by Steve Cushion and Christian Høgsbjerg
An Occasional Publication from The Socialist History Society [£5]
Book Launch 14th November 2019 6:30pm
1 Bloomsbury Street, London WC1B 3QE
Speakers:- Steve Cushion, Christian Høgsbjerg (chair) and Merilyn Moos
The publication tells the story of some courageous individuals and groups who put their commitment to a progressive cause before any consideration of loyalty to a nation state, in particular people who have acted from principle when they consider that the country of their birth is acting in a repressive or unjust manner. We are particularly interested in those who have taken up arms against their "own side", soldiers who side with the oppressed, rather than following orders to kill and subjugate, as well as civilians who actively resisted their own authoritarian governments during times of war.
Table of contents:
Introduction – Rebel Warriors (Steve Cushion and Christian Høgsbjerg)
Soldiers of Misfortune: Napoleon’s Polish Deserters in the West Indies (Jonathan North)
The Saint Patrick’s Battalion (David Rovics)
Deserters, Defectors and “Diehards” – The British men who fought and died for Irish Freedom (Pádraig Óg Ó Ruairc)
Resistance to the Nazis from 1933 from within the German workers’ movement (Merilyn Moos)
Walter Pätzold – German Soldier and Italian Partisan (Irene Recksiek &; Irena Fick)
Major Karl Plagge and Sergent Anton Schmid (Steve Cushion)
German and Italian Volunteers in the French Resistance (Steve Cushion)
Ilio Barontini (Tobias Abse)
Supporting the Enemy in the Death Agony of French Colonialism (Ian Birchall)
Treason: Rebel Warriors and Internationalist Traitors Introduction – Steve Gilchrist (Bookmarks) and Christian Høgsbjerg
Treason: Rebel Warriors and Internationalist Traitors: Resistance to the Nazis from 1933 from within the German workers’ movement (Merilyn Moos)
Treason: Rebel Warriors and Internationalist Traitors Steve Cushion
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2200/21 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Autumn 2018 & IHRA Special Supplement
- watermelon Summer 2019
- WATERMELON Autumn 2019
- video: Treason: Rebel Warriors and Internationalis...
- Debriefing on the Austrian Coalition Agreement and...
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Sp...