The Green Party trade Union group opposes all redundancies as currently they punish workers for the criminal folly of capitalist speculators. We are particularly opposed to redundancies in those sectors , such as public transport, where there should actually be more investment and more jobs being created in order to bring about the just transition to a low carbon economy that is needed to combat the ecologocial and economic crises which we face.
GPTU is therefore saddened to hear that 1000 redundancies on London Underground were announced today (29/1/2009). All redundancies are evil but these are markedly in the wrong sector and at precisely the wrong time. We support all Unions in resisting this retrograde step and trust all elected Green Party representatives in London (Councillors, Greater London Assembly members and our London MEP)will join us in taking this stance.
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018