Green Party Trade Union Group statement on the sacking of Stalin Bermudez for doing his legitimate Union work.
"The Green Party Trade Union Group expresses its solidarity with Stalin Bermudez, the SOAS Unison Branch Chair, who has been sacked by management at SOAS. GPTU also fully supports the industrial action in response to his sacking that is being taken by SOAS Unison members on 28th May, 2009. The Green Party has been active in Living Wage campaigns across London, and supported the May Day demonstration for the Bloomsbury Living Wage Campaign which Stalin Bermudez addressed. GPTU reaffirms its support for this campaign, and for all campaigns to institute a Living Wage across the whole of London; for justice, respect and a decent standard of pay and conditions to be afforded to all workers.
GPTU commends Stalin Bermudez for the work he and his comrades have done in progressing the Living Wage campaign in SOAS and demands his immediate reinstatement in order that his work will be allowed to continue."
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals