The Green Party Trade Union Group fully supports the call by the RMT for meaningful negotiations with tube management and the Mayor of London to prevent a tube strike starting this evening (9/6/2209). We recognise that the Union is reluctant to impose hardship on travellers in London but also recognise that when management is imposing jobs cuts and what are effectively wage cuts; the Union is justified in using industrial action.
We support Bob Crow's statement on behalf of his members that “We will not be bullied into accepting that our members should be forced to pay for an economic crisis that was cooked up by the bankers and the politicians.”
GPTU wants London to have an efficient, clean, environmentally friendly and publicly owned public transport system and this cannot be achieved by management threats and intransigence.
Go the RMT website to see their case in full (“http://www.rmt.org.uk/)
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals