When: Saturday 15th August and Sunday 16th August
Where: Friends Meeting House 6 Mounts Street, City Centre, Manchester M2
How to get there:
Accommodation: Will be arranged with local Manchester members – contact Andy as Secretary off list.
Cost: Free but a collection will be taken to cover the costs of the room booking.
Programme for Saturday
12pm – Introductions and welcome
12.15 to 1.15 Campaigns – with Adie Mormech (one of the recent detainees on the boat bringing relief supplies to Gaza)
1.15 to 2 Lunch
2 to 3 Working with the Left – with Kay Philips (Chair of Respect Party North West Region)
3 to 3.15 Break
3.15 to 4.15 Increasing our profile in the Green Party
4.15 to 4.30 Break
4.30 to 5 Arrangements for Peterloo event and general discussion.
Followed by a meal and socialising in a central Manchester venue.
On Sunday we will be taking part in a commemoration of the Peterloo Massacre in 1819 at the original site with other local organisations – details to follow. Especially relevant in view of recent police violence and suppression of events ranging from G20 demos to Climate Camp and the Big Green Gathering.
DISCUSSIONS ON PALESTINE
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals