Those of you following the local press will know that a motley collection of rightwing groups intend to march on the Harrow Mosque this coming Friday, September 11th. They are campaigning against 'Muslim Extremism' and have chosen the anniversary of 9/11, Ramadan and a Friday (prayer day) to give maximum provocation.
There will be a vigil in solidarity with the Harrow Central Mosque, 36-38 Station Road, HA1 2SQ from 1.30 pm, but the vital time for people to assemble is after work from 4.00 pm onwards. The fascists say they are planning to demonstrate from 5.00 - 8.00 pm. We need enough people assembled before our rally at 6.00 pm to make it absolutely clear to them that they are not welcome in Harrow. We need a diverse and united demonstration that reflects Harrow's diverse and united community. We are calling for a dignified but determined demonstration which will deter the racists, fascists and Islamophobics not by violence but by strength of numbers.
In an associated campaign we now have a wide range of signatories for a solidarity letter to be published in the Harrow Times. Signatories include Gareth Thomas MP Harrow West ; Tony McNulty MP Harrow East; Barry Gardiner MP Brent North and Dawn Butler MP Brent South plus many trade unionists and other activists.
There is a planning meeting tomorrow evening in Harrow. Please e-mail me if you wish to have the details: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are black, white, Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Sikh and Jew
And there are many, many more of us than you.
HARROW UNITED WILL NEVER BE DIVIDED
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018