SUPPORT THE EUROSTAR WORKERS
Eric Lee of Labourstart writes
Sometimes when we do one of our online campaigns, we trigger a response from the employer or government. Often just getting that response is a kind of victory -- it means we've gotten their attention, at the very least.It usually takes a few hundred messages, or even a few thousand, before this happens.
But yesterday we were asked by a British union, the RMT, to do an online campaign in support of the under-paid, poorly-treated workers who clean the world-famous Eurostar trains that connect London to the European continent. As usual, I sent off the first message myself. And an hour later, I had an answer in my inbox from the company defending its position.
That's right -- one email message from one person got their attention. Imagine what will happen when they have 10,000 such messages flooding into their inbox! Please send off your message right now -- click here:
The Eurostar cleaners had a rock-solid 48-hour strike last week. This online campaign is the next stage of their fight for dignity. Let's take advantage of the fact that the company seems a bit sensitive to criticism and hit them with a tremendous number of email messages quickly over the next 24 hours.
After you've sent off your own message to Eurostar, please pass this email message on your friends and co-workers.
Thanks. Eric Lee
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018