RBS is rattled. After repeatedly refusing to meet with campaigners, their chairman, Sir Philip Hampton, has agreed to meet WDM along with our allies and indigenous Canadian activist Eriel Tchekwie Deranger. Whether they really want to hear about the suffering caused in Eriel’s community by their investments, or whether the public pressure is getting to them remains to be seen, but it shows what you’re doing is working.
In this, the week of RBS’ AGM, we need your help to pile on the pressure. We are planning a raft of activities to highlight public and media attention on their dirty and dangerous investments, including tar sands, fossil fuels and mining. You can help clean up RBS’s act
London, Wednesday 28 April – meet at the Royal Exchange at 8.30am.
Campaigners from the World Development Movement and People & Planet will be protesting at Threadneedle Street, a RBS branch in the heart of the City from 8.30am. We will be using a dramatic 'tar sands digger' on a tour of the RBS branch, the Treasury and the House of Commons to highlight the need to 'Get our money out of blood oil now'.
Edinburgh, Wednesday 28 April - meet at International Conference Centre on Morrison Street at 12.00 noon.
Across the UK, protests will be held outside RBS branches on day of the AGM and throughout the week: Cardiff, Sheffield, Kendal, Coventry, Cambridge, Preston and Bexhill, Bath, Loughborough, Chester, Glasgow.
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...