W4B has appealed the decision by Bristol City Council in February to refuse planning permission for their 50 MW biofuel power station at Avonmouth.
The appeal will be considered by a planning inspector in August. Whether or not you objected to the planning application, you can send in comments to the inspector - now possible up to the start of the public hearing, 10 August.
Palm Oil and Jatropha Oil are to be used. The volume of fuel used each year in this single power station will be roughly the same as the volume of palm oil currently going into UK transport biodiesel.
Full details of how to submit comments and background information at:
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals