TO GREEN LEFT
You are warmly invited to attend the Gandhi Foundation public AGM in East London on Saturday 10th July, 2pm - 4.30pm. We have two great speakers: Salma Yaqoob and Felix Padel.
Felix Padel is an anthropologist and campaigner for peace, justice and human rights. Felix has spent many years working in East India and will talk about the current military / corporate threat to village communities there, which is sparking Maoist rebellion, and which he has described as "a classic resource war".
Salma Yaqoob is leader of the Respect Party, a Birmingham City Councillor, and an activist in the Stop The War coalition. She is also a qualified psychotherapist and spokesperson for Birmingham Central Mosque. Salma will tell her personal story about why she got involved in the peace and justice movement.
Speakers: Salma Yaqoob and Felix Padel
When: Saturday 10th July, 2pm – 4.30pm
Where: Kingsley Hall, Powis Road, Bromley-by-Bow, London E3 3HJ, UK
Nearest Tube: Bromley-by-Bow
Entrance: free, but a £3 donation is suggested
Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org, 0845 313 8419
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals