Thank you for adding your name to the Coalition of Resistance
statement. Support in our first week has been incredible,
with well over 3,500 people pledging their names and offering
support. Other people signing this week include comedian and
activist Mark Thomas, Andrew Murray, chair of the Stop the War
Coalition, writer A L Kennedy and actor Roger Lloyd Pack.
What you can do to help:
1. Ask everyone you know to sign the statement - available here. A printed version with a sign up sheet is available here.
2. There's a planning meeting for the Coalition of Resistance at 7pm on Thursday, 2 September, in University of London Union, Malet St, London WC1E 7HY. Please try to attend. We'll be holding other meetings around the country - details to follow shortly.
3. Set up a local Coalition of Resistance meeting, with everyone who wants to oppose the cuts invited. We can supply speakers nationally to help build the campaign in your local area. Let us know what events you have organised.
4. We'll email you with details and a booking form for the 27th November conference soon.
5. Get your trade union branch, tenants' association, anti-cuts group, pensioners' association, club or society to back the statement.
6. Make a donation to the campaign. Cheques should be made out to "Coalition of Resistance", and mailed to Coalition of Resistance, c/o Housman's Bookshop, 5 Caledonian Road, London N1 9DX.
Urgently required: Web and Media volunteers
If you can help us develop our website or would like to get involved in producing and adding content - whether written, photography, images or video please contact us.Contact details
Phone: Andrew on 07939 242229
The meeting on September 2nd is only for London activists and those within range of London. The national conference will be on November 27th.