DEFEND LEGAL AID. PROTECT ACCESS TO JUSTICE. SAVE THE LAW CENTRE.
Defend South Manchester Law Centre
The law centre’s judicial review of the Legal Services Commission immigration tendering process is to be heard on Monday, 8 November at the Civil Justice Centre, on Bridge Street, next to the peoples history museum.
There will be a protest outside the civil justice centre at 9:30am, before the JR hearing. The hearing is due to start at 10:30.
We would appreciate your attendance at the protest and also in the court for hearing.
So that the Judge hearing the case can see its not just about legal issues: the case is of great importance to the people of Manchester.
We look forward to seeing you there.
For more information on the campaign to keep the Law Centre open go to www.smlc.org.uk
South Manchester Law Centre has been providing free legal advice and representation to the Manchester community for the last 35 years.
Our expertise is in Women's rights, Immigration and Asylum Law.
The Law Centres ability to provide these services is under threat because of a severe reduction in its funding from both Manchester City Council and the Legal Services Commission. Funding for Welfare Rights, Housing and Employment has already been withdrawn.
As you may have guessed, the result of these cuts will be severe. The Law Centre is now faced with closure. This will mean the death of an organisation that has, for 35 years been a pillar of the community, helping the most vulnerable members of society to access advice and and protect their rights. This will leave;•NO Free court representation for employment law or benefits issues
•NO Free Asylum and Immigration advice in South Manchester
•NO Choice of providers for free advice
•NO Law Centres in Manchester
Why we need you...We now need members of the community to help us fight these cuts. We demand that Manchester City Council and the Legal Services Commission continue to fund the Law Centre to help us deliver services to the most vulnerable in YOUR community.
0161 225 5111
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...