21 Dec 10
Statement of support for Peter Allen; Green Party candidate in Oldham and Saddleworth
By jamesbcy Leave a Comment
Green Left supports the candidacy of Peter Allen in the Oldham and Saddleworth by election and calls on all those on the Left to support a united campaign against the neo Liberal parties (Labour, Tories and Lib Dems) and against the appalling spectre of Fascism and racism represented by Nick Griffin and the BNP.
Peter is standing on a clear programme of resistance to the cuts being implemented by the ConDem government and opposition to the war in Afghanistan, which continues to drain both human lives and essential funds necessary for health and education. The Labour Party offers no real alternative and as Len Mc Cluskey of UNITE said this week simply calls for less cuts and more slowly introduced and also refuses to reject the policy of introducing Trident and the obscene amounts spent on military hardware. Only the Green Party offers a radical alternative to the policies of cuts and war presented by the other parties and the hatred and intolerance represented by Griffin and the BNP. Peter has worked with other progressive groups and trade union activists in the North West in the Convention of the Left to campaign for workers rights and the most vulnerable in society currently being threatened by the policies of this government.
We call upon all progressive voters in Oldham and Saddleworth to vote for Peter Allen in this election.
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals