Michael will be introducing the book, together with slides and film from his time in Palestine, at a special event on Tuesday 7 June, at 6.30pm in the Manchester, Friends Meeting House.
Over 60% of the Palestinians living in the West Bank are under 20 years old. It is from their experiences and stories that Voices from the West Bank explores this besieged society and the Palestinians' enduring resistance to a ruthless occupation. We hear the voices of ordinary Palestinians about life under siege.
"Palestine is one of the most analysed areas in the world, much of it in one dimensional headlines. Jones and Lavalette decided they were going to live with the Palestinians, to discover and to understand the meanings of oppression and occupation, and to learn about daily life and Palestinian dreams in the west Bank. It is more than book, it is also like a diary that demands to be read, especially by Palestinians."
Firas Helou, Abnaa El Balad, Nazareth
I hope that you will be interested in attending the launch. Please contact me if you would be interested in having a stall.
I have attached a PDF of the flyer for the event, and there is a Facebook group online at http://on.fb.me/jmMshL We are charging £1 to cover the cost of room hire, but this will be refunded for those who purchase the book on the night.
I hope that you can publicise the event to anyone who might be interested.
079 585 35231
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018