Green Left welcomes the swift response from Caroline Lucas (in sadly predictable contrast to other Party leaders), to the detention of 12 human rights activists from Israel. Calling for their immediate release , in a letter to Foreign Secretary William Hague , Caroline points out that the 12, including Green Party members Pippa Bartolotti and Anne Gray were merely trying to travel to the West Bank, which is supposed to be permitted for British citizens.
It is not yet known whether Hague responded to Caroline’s call but word is that all 12 are to be deported.
Peter Allen, co-convener of Green Left says “Anne is a member of Green Left and well known as a campaigner for social justice both at home and abroad. We are very proud of her “.
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018