Please try and support the new Occupy Portsmouth and its People's Free University THIS WEEKEND at Victoria Park in central Portsmouth where a number of Occupiers are now encamped.
Free University programme follows.
Tim Dawes Co-Ordinator, South East Hampshire Green Party
SATURDAY 17th December 11.00-12.00 Planning Meeting– what kind of Youniversity do we want – facilitated by Tim Dawes
14.00-15.00 Capitalism is broken– fix or throw away? Ben Norman, from the Socialist Party gives a Marxist analysis.
5.15-16.15 Housing – why such a problem?John Buckley (former CEO of Portsmouth Housing As
14.00-15.00 Ethical trading– Philip Warren (Trustee of mutual company, Trade Craft, and long term campaigner for fair trade with the Developing World) talks about ethical trading and the fair trade movement.
15.15-16.15 Money Madness– What needs to be done to make Banking work for us. Owen Devine from the monetary reform organisation Positive Money.
Portsmouth People's YouNiversity Occupy Portsmouth is hosting a Free University on the 17th and 18th December in Victoria Park, Portsmouth, called The People’s YouNiversity. If you want to get on our mailing list, email us at email@example.com or join us on FaceBook – search for People's Youniversity.
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018