LONDON CAMPAIGN AGAINST CLIMATE CHANGE public meeting - Gathering storm against the UK's climate programme from the Tory Right. How can it be stopped?
Public Meeting, Monday 19th November at 7.00 pm
At Kings College Guy's Campus (near London Bridge) - Tower Lecture Theatre.
Speakers to include
Guy Shrubsole from Friends of the Earth
Tisha Brown from Frack Off
Ewa Jasiewicz from "No Dash for Gas"
How serious is the cold wind blowing ever stronger from the Tory Right against green energy and the attainment of climate targets?
How much damage will Osborne's dash for gas do in practice to the UK's climate programme ? Is this the end of the Climate Act as an effective restraint on emisisons?
How influential have the energy companies been in determining the agenda here?
Just how strongly will the government push fracking ? Will it reach epidemic proportions around the country ? What are the other unpleasant ways of producing gas in a domestic context that are being rolled out?
How strong is the local resistance to fracking and how can we help it?
What is the balance in parliament for and against renewable energy, wind power or more gas and a rolling out of fracking? What are the NGOs doing to lobby for the former aganst the latter?
Come and hear about - and discuss - this and more on Monday 19th
Directions The Tower Lecture theatre is in the Tower Wing of Guy's Hospital, off Great Maze Pond, just a minute or two from London Bridge station (London Bridge tube).
From the front of the station, looking out go left past the Shard and down an escalator (this is Joiner Street) into St Thomas Street. Go straight ahead across St Thomas Street (navigating round the barriers and building works) into Great Maze Pond (street). There are boarded up building works on the left untill the entrance to Guy's Hospital appears on your left. Go into the entrance of Guy's Hosptal. On your left just past the cafe are Lifts A. Take the lift to the 30th floor to get to the Tower Lecture Theatre. (If you are at Lifts B you've gone just a few metres too far - go back to Lifts A, which are just round the corner from the cafe you passed after coming through the main entrance.)
Monday, November 19, 2012 - 19:00 to 21:00
Treasurer, Campaign Against Climate Change Trade Union group
079 585 35231
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2018/9 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Autumn 2018 & IHRA Special Supplement