Hands Off Birmingham Schools – Stop Islamophobia
Rick Hatcher - B’ham NUT cttee, Hands Off B’ham Schools, and education researcher.
Zoe Gardner – Movement Against Xenophobia...
Meeting hosted by Socialist Resistance
The “Trojan Horse” affair has been politically charged and Gove has made numerous attacks to further the Tory agenda. It fits into a strategy to compete with the racism of UKIP. This has fuelled islamophobia and divides communities. Associating Muslims with the word “extremism” creates fear. In this context, the Oftsed reports cannot be fair or unbiased. Gove’s solutions must be rejected. They include forced academisation, teaching so-called “British values”, and the privatisation of the local authority. Defending education for all and public services, and standing up against racism, are starting points for a response against this attack.
Tuesday, June 24 at 7:30pm Community Centre, 62 Marchmont Street, London, WC1N 1AB
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2018/9 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018