SATISFYING CONSUMPTION: TRADE AND THE ENVIRONMENT
Cass Business School
London United Kingdom
Got any questions for the Green Party? Here’s your chance for an answer. Amelia Womack, Deputy Leader of the Green Party, will be speaking on the political challenge of reconciling trade and the environment at the 9th Annual PIEL UK Conference on Thursday 9th April at Cass Business School, London. Get your ticket herehttp://pieluk.brownpapertickets.com/
Public Interest Environmental Law (PIEL) UK 9th Annual Conference
Consumption and trade continue to increase, creating unprecedented environmental challenges. The controversial Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) currently being negotiated behind closed doors threatens to hand more power to corporations and lower regulatory standards between the EU and the US, at untold environmental cost. As we enter a new era of trade, do we know the full implications of our actions?
Join us for an engaging day of panels and distinguished speakers. Engage with leading practitioners, academics and environmental activists. Have your say in critical debate and make the most of our evening reception by taking advantage of the fantastic networking opportunities.
Public Interest Environmental Law (PIEL) UK was formed in 2007 by students from various University of London colleges as an unincorporated association and now brings together students from several London universities. Its cause is to champion and raise awareness of environmental justice issues by organising the annual PIEL UK Conference. The inspiration for running a conference on environmental justice comes from the cutting-edge event of the same name that has been running since 1983 in Oregon, USA and attracts thousands of delegates annually. Each year, a new team of student members benefits from the generous support of an Advisory Board consisting of academics, professionals and activists.
For more information please visit our website: http://www.pieluk.org.uk
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
Friday, 3 April 2015
SATISFYING CONSUMPTION: TRADE AND THE ENVIRONMENT with Amelia Womack, Deputy Leader of the Green Party,
Posted by DON'T dis US at 10:56