UCU: short film of our annual ‘Cradle to Grave’ conference
I’m pleased to invite you to watch this short film of our annual
‘Cradle to Grave’ conference which took place last
weekend bringing together progressive voices in defence of public
This year the focus was on what a post-Brexit future holds for further and
higher education and we were lucky to have an excellent range of speakers
including shadow chancellor John McDonnell MP, author Melissa Benn, political
commentator Steve Richards, and academics Professor Kalwant Bhopal, Dr
Vicky Duckworth, Dr Rob Smith and Sir Peter Scott.
The event saw the launch of our booklet produced with Refugee
Action challenging negative perceptions about refugees and a
central theme of the day and of my speech was
the urgent need for us as educators and trade unionists to stand up for
progressive values and against the racism of Donald Trump and the populist Right.
I hope you enjoy the film – please
share it with colleagues and friends and also support the national ‘One Day Without Us’ day of action in
defence of migrants on Monday 20 February.
UCU general secretary
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals