Fifteen of our friends are being put on trial for terrorism charges.
Their crime? Blocking a brutal deportation flight at Stansted Airport. It was peaceful. It was proportionate. And it worked. Eleven of the people on the plane are still here in the UK.
If these peaceful protesters get sent to prison for these trumped up terrorism charges, where will it end?
Our Government charters planes to fly people out of Britain against their will.
They send people to places they barely know. They send people to places where their life is in danger. They take an approach of ‘deport first, appeal later’. But for many people, later is too late.
I don’t think the Stansted 15 are terrorists. I think they’re heroes. That’s why I’ll be showing my support outside the court when the trial starts up again next Monday.
The public outcry over this trial should be huge. Over the last few months, our Government’s ‘hostile environment’ for immigrants has taken a battering from the public like never before.
The Windrush scandal exposed the Conservatives’ cruelty. The bravery of people taking action against forced removals has gone viral. Now, it’s time to end deportations for good.
Co-leader of Green Party of England and Wales
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2018/9 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Autumn 2018 & IHRA Special Supplement
Friday, 28 September 2018
Jonathan Bartley: Will you join me to show our support for the Stansted 15?
Posted by DON'T dis US at 09:03