- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
Monday, 30 January 2017
As educators and trade unionists we condemn this attempt to demonise and divide human beings based on their nationality or religion
Many of you have contacted the union over the weekend to express outrage over President Trump’s executive order banning travellers from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the US.
As educators and trade unionists we condemn this attempt to demonise and divide human beings based on their nationality or religion and we stand with the thousands protesting in New York and across the world against Trump’s appalling policy.
However my primary concern this morning is that as staff working in what is an international sector many of you may be directly affected by this ban on travel. Please contact me if you are in this position so we can make urgent representations to the UK government on your behalf.
The petition calling for the withdrawal of the invitation to Donald Trump to come to the UK for a state visit has now reached over one million, including many UCU members. If you agree with the union you can sign it here.
UCU general secretary
Posted by DON'T dis US at 04:28