GPTU decided at its last meeting to try and get as much publicity as
possible for this. I have been in touch with Southwark Trades Council where I am a delegate but it needs much more publicity from TUs and our press office. Hopefully local press will cover it next week. Lib Dems tried to put a spoiler apparently but with Labour support it went through. Full credit to Jenny Jones and Tom for pushing this.
GPTU Treasurer and Southwark Green Party
[mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Tom Chance
Sent: 06 November 2008 09:18
Cc: Announcements and limited discussion for London Green Party
Subject: [London] Southwark passes Living Wage motion
Our Living Wage motion/ was passed by Southwark Council last night.
This is a huge step! It commits the council to paying all staff, inc.
subcontracted, the London Living Wage and to use local strategic partnerships and other private sector engagements to promote the living wage more widely.
Next steps - making sure it is implemented well, campaigning to get
private employers to follow suit.
I'd urge all London parties to consider a similar motion, to follow
Southwark and Lewisham.
See more details on my blog:
Southwark Green Party
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...