Letter sent to London papers
On Saturday 6th December, many thousands of Londoners will be joining millions around the world to voice their concerns about climate change.
Climate change is a global problem with local consequences, some of which we are already witnessing, such as increased flooding, storms and droughts, leading to higher insurance costs, problems with food production and water scarcity.
This December, critical decisions will be made on the future of climate change policy. UN negotiations are now underway in Poznan to agree international plans to follow Kyoto and crucial votes will take place in the European Parliament on a new climate package.
The global day of action is an opportunity for all citizens to demand leadership from their Governments and elected politicians to achieve the best outcomes.
We need rapid action on climate change and I encourage everyone to take part in the climate march in London, which is likely to be the biggest event in Europe. The action will begin at Grosvenor Square at 12pm, with several high profile, inspirational speakers. For more info go to www.campaigncc.org
London's Green Party MEP
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...