Welfare Reform Bill the next steps in the campaign
We are inviting you to attend a public meeting and lobby of parliament about the welfare reform bill on Tuesday 3 March starting at 12.30 in committee room 14 at the House of Commons.
The lobby and public meeting are supported by a range of organisations including trade unions and the TUC, service user groups and campaigning organisations (for details of the supporting organisations please see the leaflet in this pack).
PCS are campaigning against plans to introduce -
- the privatisation of the employment service and social fund
- â€˜work for your benefitâ€™ schemes
- the abolition of income support
- cutting the benefits of single parents and those with long-term illness
- requiring all parents of young children to seek work
PCS wants the government to introduce progressive measures to help people in these difficult times. This is why we are fully supporting the TUCâ€™s demand for the government to urgently raise benefit levels.
We are asking people to attend the meeting and to lobby their MP. If you plan to meet with politicians on the day to discuss the welfare reform bill then you need to tell your MP beforehand. If you can not attend the lobby but support the campaign then please write to your MP about your concerns. We have provided a model letter in this pack.
If you would like more information about this campaign, please visit -www.pcs.org.uk/welfare
If you have any questions please email - email@example.com
Please feel free to pass this information on to others who may be interested to attend the event.
We hope you will join us on Tuesday 3 March.
PCS General Secretary
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...