The National Pensioners Convention (NPC) in the UK organises a Pensions’ Action Day on 6 April 2009. After 100 years of the state pension, Britain still has at least 1 in 4 older people living below the official poverty line, and millions more struggling with the rising costs of living. The pensioners of tomorrow also face an uncertain future, as pension funds have lost a lot in the economic crisis and employers reduce the generosity of their occupational pension schemes. That is why all generations need a decent state pension. NPC calls on the government to immediately raise the basic state pension above the poverty level for all pensioners, and increase it every year in line with either average wage rises or inflation. To find out more, please contact NPC at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit:
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...