Anon - a real teacher - from Islington, London says;
"There is a push on from the Islington sustainable schools group for schools to take their own demonstrative action for a proper deal at Copenhagen on Friday 4th Dec.
One of the year 5 classes at my school discussed this this morning and are proposing that we have a whole school demo round the block (a mini wave, maybe a ripple), make posters, send letters to Downing Street, get a petition up for parents, write to the local MP, do press releases. Good start. Shows what one lesson/discussion can do. There are only about a dozen schools signed up to the sustainability group, but there's no reason why others shouldn't join in too. How many school demos can we get on the day?
Checking out the Islington Council website, they signed up to the 10:10 campaign in September (one of the first to do so). Amongst other stuff in their statement they claim that all schools in Islington are going to get their roofs insulated "in time for winter". As winter is about a week away, has anyone seen any sign of this initiative?
I've asked the sustainability group for a brief summary of their initiatives/action plan so we can have a look at it at the meeting."
Let's have thousands of schools doin stuff during Copenhagen week!
Change our Climate
Change our World
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals