- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
Saturday, 5 December 2009
Demos. Caroline and Jonathon
Demonstrators at Speakers Corner for the Climate Change Demo 5/12/2009. A good Green Party turnout but it looked like the demo as a whole may not have been that big; however difficult to be sure as there was another Campaign Against Climate Chaos "Wave" demo on the same day. The organisers of this didn't seem to realise that wearing blue as a political statement is something that many find offensive.
Further more I am now getting emails for more climate demos next Saturday, I fear that this shows disorganisation and division.
Anyway the speeches that I heard from John McDonnell and Caroline Lucas were good, Caroline stated that radical economic change was needed, individual action, though necessary was not good enough to really reverse climate change.
I paraphrase Caroline but I did write down verbatim a quote from Johnathon Porritt when he made a creditable case against a climate change denier, on the Radio 4 Today program this morning, he said we should be working towards "..a different way of creating wealth in a low carbon world."
How different, Jonathon ? Can we still create wealth after radical economic change?
(P.Murry: personal capacity)
Posted by DON'T dis US at 15:49